Foundation stone of the second church laid by Archbishop Murray

Timeline date: 18 August, 1850

Foundation stone of a new church was laid by Archbishop Murray, accompanied by the Bishops of Dromore and Down and Connor who were on their way to the Synod of Thurles. The church was to be built to the Byzantine model in the form of a Greek Cross, the first such construction in the Archdiocese of Dublin since Catholic Emancipation.