Purchase of Land to build a church

Timeline date: 1824

Earl of Meath Coat of Arms

At that time, the entire stretch of land extending from the canal along the left-hand side of Rathmines Road as far as Richmond Hill had no buildings on it. Two acres, two roods and thirty-eight perches were purchased from the owner land, the Earl of Meath, in 1824.

Earl of Meath Coat of Arms researched and drawn by Toban Wild: